Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) – with more than 24,000 employees, a market presence in more than 30 countries throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in eight countries - is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation.
The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Hotpoint, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Center is located in Comerio (VA), Italy.
The candidate will join our R&D team in Wroclaw and he/she will be responsible for:
- Development of Software subsystem, engaged in the Software architecture and details design.
- Engineering and of maintain the SW product when requested.
- Programming in C for typical embedded applications
- Run the project development, realising the software
- Produce all the documentation of project (in English).
- Studies/Asses the required documentation of the product.
- Use advanced tools for the SW configuration and Additional Information change management,
- Carry out tests and preliminary tests for qualification of the software
- Experience in hardware oriented / embedded firmware development
- Excellent Programming Skills in C language. Assembler know how is desirable.
- Fluent in Real Time Operating System
- Knowledge of Renesas / Freescale Micro Controllers / Driver development & Application Layer experience
- Digital Hardware Circuits fluency is desirable
- Should have excellent debugging skills
- Development Experience in Appliance Control Units for Household appliances is a plus
- Documenting the Project related information like Flow Diagrams, Requirement Specifications, and Test Schedule
- Fluent in Agile framework
- RTC knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in Electronic Lab Instrumentation (Oscilloscope/Logical STate Analyser)
- Fluent in UART, I2C, SPI protocols
- Capability to lead project
- FW Architecture Design deep experience
- Requires independent handling of firmware development for medium and big size embedded applications
- Integrate the firmware with the hardware boards independently
- Understand and maintain the existing firmware and perform changes based on requirements
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2015.